Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fanfic of The Day #2 The Romancing Quest


Author: Doctor Scraps
Description: Twilight is incited to begin a persuit of love and romance as a part of the magic of friendship after Rarity goads her about never having fallen in love before. Misadventures ensue.
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7171004/11/My_Little_Pony_FiM_The_Romancing_Quest

Today's fanfic is a very special one. This is the first fanfic I remember reading (if you don't count Cupcakes, but that's a story for another day). It was back when there was only a handful of fanfics that I read. Among them was this. It was when I was still new to the fandom and hadn't seen too many episodes. One of the funniest parts of reading it was when I saw Trixie, I didn't know that Trixie was a mare. I didn't understand the mare/mare fanfics. Still, I continued reading on and in the end, it was a great story. I remember checking EQD on my grandmothers computer (which has dialup), waiting about 10 minutes for it to load up, and seeing the final chapter posted. I was so excited, I waited 30 minutes for the computer to finally load the story. And I can easily say it had been worth the wait. I'd give this a 9/10 for being a great introduction to fanfiction and making me read more than I already did (which I read a lot, since that was back when I was a bookworm).